The purpose of The Storehouse Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is to provide high school students with leadership experience while fulfilling the mission of The Storehouse to feed, clothe, and care as neighbors in one community.
Members have an opportunity to serve The Storehouse neighbors directly, while developing the following skills:
Casting a vision, developing a strategy, and implementing a plan that supports the mission of The Storehouse
Articulating challenges within the community that may have previously gone unnoticed
Cultivating a set of skills that will equip members for future endeavors
Membership is open to all high school students entering 9th – 12th grades. Although attendance at all council meetings is strongly encouraged, members are required to serve and attend at least 5 of the 8 council service/meeting days, all held on Saturdays from 8:15 – 12:45 pm, to satisfy membership requirements.
Each day will account for 5 service hours that can be accredited to other organizational requirements as the member needs (e.g., high school requirements, National Honor Society requirements, etc). Each service day counts for 3 volunteers hours while each council meeting counts for 2 volunteer hours.
Council meetings will be held on The Storehouse campus. Each YLC member is required to complete at least 30 volunteer hours at The Storehouse during the 2023-2024 year.
The YLC 2023-2024 year will officially begin on Saturday, August 19, 2022 with a mandatory orientation from 11:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
|Meeting Date||Service Hours||Council Meeting Hours|
|August 19 | Orientation||-||11:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.|
|September 16||8:15 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.||11:00 A.M. - 12:45 P.M.|
|October 21||8:15 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.||11:00 A.M. - 12:45 P.M.|
|November 11||8:15 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.||11:00 A.M. - 12:45 P.M.|
|December 16||8:15 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.||11:00 A.M. - 12:45 P.M.|
|January 20||8:15 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.||11:00 A.M. - 12:45 P.M.|
|February 17||8:15 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.||11:00 A.M. - 12:45 P.M.|
|March 16||8:15 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.||11:00 A.M. - 12:45 P.M.|
|April 20||8:15 A.M. - 11:00 A.M.||11:00 A.M. - 12:45 P.M.|
YLC Summer '23 Sessions
We will have three summer preview sessions for YLC 2023-2024 Members:
Thursday, June 22, 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, July 20, 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 22, 8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Attendance is optional. We encourage YLC Members to sign up for these sessions to meet other members and get started volunteering. Look for the sign up link in your emails!
How Do I Apply?
Membership for the 2023-2024 Council is open to the first 50 applicants.
The membership application includes a series of questions. Please make a note of these questions before you begin the application, as the form does not allow you to save your answers while you are in process of completion.
- Demographic information (name, address, school, etc.)
- What are your future interests?
- What extracurricular activities are you involved in and how have they impacted you?
- Have you volunteered at The Storehouse before? If so, what was your experience? If you have not volunteered The Storehouse, why are you applying for the YLC?
- What are your other volunteer experiences?
- What skills do you think you could bring or contribute to the YLC ?
There is a $40 membership fee to cover Council t-shirt, nametag and miscellaneous expenses during the year. Membership fee can be waived if needed. Student and parent signatures will be required on the application.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2023-24 COUNCIL IS NOW CLOSED
YLC 2024-2025 Membership Criteria
- For the 2024-2025 YLC Year, returning members must have completed at least 30 hours the previous year to be eligible for re-admission to the YLC.
- New YLC Members will need to have completed at least 15 hours to be eligible to join the 2024-2025 council.
YLC 2022-23 Recognitions
2022-23 Leadership Team
Special thanks to the YLC 2022-23 Leadership Committee for their dedication and efforts:
- Ajay Raghavan, Asst. Squad Leader
- Charlotte Blank, Asst. Squad Leader
- Grace Duran, Squad Leader
- Katherine Happe, Squad Leader
- Lourdes Brown, Squad Leader
- Mia Blank, Squad Leader
- Nora Dufresne, Squad Leader
- Raghav Gupta, Squad Leader
- David Huerta, YLC Advisor
- Benjamin Skye, YLC Advisor
2022-23 Graduating Seniors
We would also like to recognize the following seniors for their contributions to the YLC in 2022-23:
- Anna Norris
- Avery Cendana
- Caroline Freeman
- Carly Raspberry-Moore
- Christy Liu
- Grace Duran
- Grace Pritchett
- Hope Smartt
- Kate Webb
- Lourdes Brown
- Mackenzie Murphy
- Mia Blank
- Nora Dufresne
- Victoria Hathaway
- William Dai